Tuesday 6 February 2018

Someday, I will look back to this day…

  Posted at  February 06, 2018 2 comments

Yes. I am a little late. I am only starting to invest today at 30 years old when I could have done much earlier.

If I were given a chance again, I would not have done many things leading up to today. However, I am thankful for who I am today and the experiences I have had up till now. Yea, some day someone is going to ask me: “You did insurance for 2 years. Didn’t you invest anything?”


Well, I did. But I will never go back to investing with an insurance company and I would most likely dissuade anyone from doing so. Basically, the costs involved are too much for the average investor.


I will be investing on my own mainly in S-reits and stocks in the Singapore market.

Not all roads lead to the same destination

Today I am the 30 year old investor who is going to start proper and small:

– I am debt free and thankful for that.

– I have a stable income that I used to live paycheck to paycheck due to bad financial decisions and I am glad to have stopped that.

– I will minimise my spending because a dollar saved = a dollar I can invest and grow.

– I will make better financial decisions for example:

(to resist that Iphone X that costs $1,300 with a phone plan that will set me back $1,300 but to sell it for $500) because delayed gratification tells me the $500 saved will go a longer way than an Iphone I already have and don’t need.


Of course, I would welcome anyone to share their ideas with me.


30 yr old investor. K.C.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the finance blogosphere. Look forward to more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rainbowcoin,

      Thanks! Hopefully more to come :) Bookmarked your blog too. Cheers!

      KC

      Delete

Back to top ↑
30 Year Old Investor
Sow today, Reap Tomorrow

All Rights Reserved © 30 Year Old Investor 2023

About

You don't need to pay anyone/company to have a plan of your own and work towards achieving Financial Independence. Only we alone have no conflict of interest with our own money. "30 Year Old Investor" is a personal blog about a Singaporean's savings and investing journey.


Being the average Singaporean, K.C. is also interested in good food, a little bit of politics and a good slice of humour.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Cookies

Note: Cookies are used on this blog. By using the site, you agree to Google's use of Blogger and Google cookies, including the use of Google Analytics and Adsense cookies. You may disable these cookies through your browser settings as you deem fit.

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: The views expressed, opinion and information in this article are strictly for informational purposes to encourage educational discussions only.

No content on this site constitutes - or should be understood as constituting - a recommendation to enter any securities transactions or to engage in any of the investment strategies presented in our site content. We do not provide personalised recommendations or views as to whether a particular stock or investment approach is suitable to the financial needs of a specific individual. No representation or warranty expressed or implied is made as to, and no reliance shall be placed on, the fairness, accuracy, completeness or correctness of the information or opinions contained on this website.

"30 Year Old Investor" shall not be liable whatsoever for loss or damages of any kind arising from the result of any use, reliance or distribution of the articles or its contents from information contained on this website.

Blogger templates. | Distributed by Rocking Templates Proudly Powered by Blogger.